Fortnite’s Android position has seen more flip-flops than a beach resort, according to Pocket-lint. The Epic Games-owned Fortnite app has been booted out of Google Play, which means that if you want it, you’ll have to download it outside of Google Play.
Currently, Epic offers Fortnite only through the Epic Games launcher app. Fortunately, you can install the battle royale title safely and easily.
Here, then, is how to install it onto your Android device.
Fortnite for Android minimum spec
There are some minimum specs that your phone will need to play Fortnite, even though it’s not the most graphically intensive phone game. If your phone matches or exceeds these, you should be able to play Fortnite:
- Operating system: Android 8.0 and above, 64-bit
- RAM: 4GB or more
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or higher; GPU: Adreno 530 or higher; Mali-G71 MP20 or higher; Mali-G72 MP12 or higher
How to install the Fortnite app
Fortnite is no longer available through Google Play, so you’ll need to get it directly from Epic if you want the app. This is a very simple process – and no third-party apps are required, you get it directly from Microsoft. You must first download the Epic Games app in order to download Fortnite.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to fortnite.com on your phone’s browser.
- You’ll find a tab called ‘Download’ on the right-hand side
- Choose ‘Get it on the Epic Games app’ from ‘Download’
- Please confirm that you want an APK for Epic Games. You will be prompted to do so by your browser.
- The next step is to get an alert saying that your browser (i.e., Chrome) won’t allow the installation of unknown apps, and you will need to grant permission.
- You’ll need to give Chrome/your browser permission – just tap the notification to make the change.
- You can then install the Epic Games app with the APK you downloaded.
Samsung phones make the process much simpler. You can download the Epic Games app directly from the Galaxy Store, which is pre-installed on your phone.
Once you have downloaded Fortnite, you can open up the Epic Games app to locate it. The game will probably be the first thing you see once you open it.
- Tap on Fortnite in the Epic Games app.
- You’ll need to download the app again, and this time you’ll have to give Epic Games permission for this type of download, as you did with Chrome.
- Installing the app is easy once it is downloaded.
- After you open the app – and grant more permissions – you can sign into your Epic Games account.
It takes a little longer than installing from Google Play, but that’s 2022 for you. To keep things safe in the future, once you’ve installed the Epic Games app, go back into the permissions for Chrome (or your browser) and turn off the option to download apps from unknown sources again.
Writing by Cam Bunton.
The Google TV app comes to the iPhone with remote control ability. Use the app as a remote control!
-Control Android TV or Chromecast with Google TV devices.
Pocket-lint can be trusted.
(Pocket-lint) – Google has finally made the Google TV app available for iOS.
It will replace the previous Google Play Movies and TV app in the Apple App Store, which collected content recommendations from streaming services. If you already have Google Play Movies and TV installed, you will be able to experience Google TV by the end of June 2022.
Several major streaming services, including Netflix, do not support Google TV’s ability to aggregate and surface recommendations. The Google TV app for iOS devices will still allow you to rate content you’ve previously watched, and you can use the app as a remote control for Android TV or Chromecast. You can also access your Google purchases and rentals through the “Your Stuff” tab. The “highlights” tab displays news, reviews, and entertainment from Google.
Keep in mind that Google recently added individual user profiles to the Google TV experience. There might also be fitness features coming to the platform.
Google TV is also available for Android users. As of September 30, 2020, the Google Play Movies and TV app has been renamed the Google TV app. Additionally, you can browse for something to watch, buy or rent movies and TV shows, and manage your watchlist.
Visit Pocket-lint’s guide here for more information about Google TV.