The Pocky game is a party game that is played with the product Pocky, which is a chocolate- or candy-covered biscuit snack that originates from Japan. How to Play the Pocky Game? The Pocky biscuit is placed between the two participants in an attempt to be the last to hold on to the biscuit, which often results in a kiss between the two. By following the rules and picking a partner you would not mind kissing, it will take no time at all for you to become a great player of Pocky.
Organising a Game
I recommend that you buy some Pocky. This type of cookie comes in many flavours, and is a traditional Japanese snack. If you are looking for them in your local Asian market or in the international aisle at your local grocery store, you can find them there. Pocky is one of the most popular flavors of Pocky, but you can also find it in other flavors such as matcha (green tea), strawberry, and cookies ‘n’ cream.
- If you are unable to locate Pocky, any long, thin biscuit will do, such as a breadstick.
Make sure that the person you choose is someone you wouldn’t mind kissing. The rules of the game are the same whether you’re playing it alone or with a group of people.
It is possible for two couples to play at the same time. Once both teams have won their respective games, the winners can compete against each other in their own Pocky game.
- If you’re going to play Pocky, you’ll often get kissed, so you should choose a partner you aren’t averse to kissing to begin with.
- There is no better way to initiate a conversation with a crush or bring you closer to a friend than to use this as an opportunity to break the ice.
Try to arrange a party at which you can play the game. It is a totally fun (and sexy!) party game that you can play with your friends. The best way to play Pocky is by bringing it to a party and proposing play. You might ask, “Has anyone played the Pocky game before?” Depending on the response, you’ll either be met with enthusiastic reaction or curiosity. You’ll have a captive audience either way, so you can teach the rules to them.
- The game can also be played at other occasions, such as sleepovers, where you can invite your friends over.
Check that you have a fresh breath by brushing your teeth. In order to have good breath while playing Pocky, it is considerate if you brush your teeth before the game because you will be getting close to the other players. It would be wise to chew a stick of mint gum for a little while if you are not able to access a toothbrush at the party.
- It is important that you spit out the gum before you begin playing so that it does not get stuck on the Pocky.
- Also, ensure that you are healthy before you begin to play. Make sure you are not ill at the time of playing this game. You will not be able to eliminate those germs by brushing alone.
Engaging in Play
Face the person that you have chosen to be your partner for the Pocky game. If you are both standing or sitting, you will both need to have the same posture. You should get close enough so that your faces are within approximately 12 inches (30 cm) of each other.
- It is important that you both feel comfortable during the conversation. You may want to sit instead of standing if standing is uncomfortable for you.
Take a Pocky stick and place it between your lips. You should now take opposite ends of the Pocky stick between your teeth, so that you will be creating a line between your two mouths with the Pocky. You should not snap the Pocky just yet. After the countdown has begun from three to one, one of the players will begin the game.
- The chocolate coating on the Pocky stick is only on one side of the stick. The other side is not covered in chocolate. So it doesn’t really matter which side of the stick is the chocolate side.
- The countdown should be started by someone else if you are playing this game in a group.
Make sure you bite your end until you reach the middle. Each player bites on one end of the Pocky stick as they move towards the middle of the stick. When you are chewing, try not to drop the Pocky during this process. Your goal should be to get to the middle.
- If you drop the Pocky stick, then you should grab another one. There is a possibility that you both may “lose” the game if this is in a group setting.
Make sure that you don’t pull away from me. During the game, the lips of both players will meet in the middle of the Pocky stick, but the first player to pull away from the stick is the loser. The fact that you are so close to someone can be kind of funny at times, so try not to giggle too much and lose your part of the Pocky stick. The kiss often results from the lack of response from either party. It is a win-win situation for everyone.